Upcoming Classes and Events
- Breastfeeding Basics for Moms, first Friday of every month, noon to 1 PM, 1930 Ninth Ave., Helena. Drop by and get questions answered by certified lactation consultants.
- Guys' Night Out: Adaptive Ice Skating, Aug. 25, 1 to 3 PM, Helena Ice Arena, 400 Lola St., Helena. Learn more on Facebook.
- Guys' Night Out: Bro'ga, Aug. 31, 10:30 AM, Hot Helena Yoga, 206 W. Lawrence St., Helena. Space is limited. To reserve a spot, call 406-202-1451. Learn more on Facebook.
- Man Therapy End-of Year Bash, Sept. 6, 6 to 8 PM, Helena Family YMCA, 1200 N. Last Chance Gulch, Helena.
- Complex Menu Food Safety Class, Sept. 12, 9 AM to noon, Lewis and Clark Public Health Conference Room, 1913 Ninth Ave., Helena. Pre-registration required.
- Family Preparedness Fair, Sept. 14, 10 AM to 4 PM, Lewis and Clark County Fairgrounds. Get more information on the preparedness fair.
- ServSave Food Protection Manager Certification Course, Sept. 25-26, 8 AM to 5 PM, Lewis and Clark Public Health Conference Room, 1913 Ninth Ave., Helena. Register by Sept. 18.
Prepare Now to Protect Health from Wildfire Smoke
In Montana, wildfire smoke can be one of the most serious health risks in our environment. That’s especially true for children, the elderly, and people who have heart or lung disease. All of us should take steps to limit our exposure when we can see and smell smoke in the air. Here are some steps you can take now and when wildfires are burning.
Save the Date! Attend Our Family Preparedness Fair
Are you and your family prepared for a potential disaster or emergency? Join us Sept. 14 for a free, fun, and informational Family Preparedness Fair, sponsored by Lewis and Clark County and the Elkhorn Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD). Learn more about attending the preparedness fair or register to be an exhibitor.
Community Challenged to Support, Understand Military
Suicide-prevention activists are challenging county businesses and organizations to breach the “military/civilian divide” by participating in a new cultural awareness campaign starting on Memorial Day. The Military Strong Campaign is a collaboration of the Lewis and Clark Suicide Coalition and a local “Mayor’s Challenge” group working to reduce suicides among service members, veterans, and their families. The campaign involves cultural competency training and social media challenges. Learn more about Military Strong.
Healthy Together Releases Health Improvement Plan
Healthy Together, a community partnership to improve health, has released its 2019-2022 Community Health Improvement Plan for Lewis and Clark County. The group selected 3 priority areas on which to focus energy and resources: behavioral health (defined as mental health and substance abuse), early childhood, and access and referrals to services. Learn more about how the community plans to tackle these priorities.
1930 Ninth Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
City-County Building, Room 230
316 North Park Avenue
Helena, MT 59623
Monday-Friday 8 AM to 4 PM
Augusta Public Health Nurse
Augusta, MT 59410
8:30 AM to 5 PM
Tuesdays 9 AM to 1 PM
Home and Office Visits by Appointment
After Business Hours