Property Tax Information
Tax Inquiry (Property Tax Lookup)
- Search by name, parcel number, tax id number, address, geo code, subcode, or section, township, and range. (Note: you may only search with one field at a time.)
- Data is updated nightly from the Lewis and Clark Treasurer's tax/parcel records.
- Any and all information displayed is 'public information'.
Visit https://itax.tylertech.com/LewisAndClarkMT to get started.
* Please note: The legal description on this website may be an incomplete legal description. A complete legal description can be obtained from your current deed or from the Clerk and Recorder's office, Room 113 at 316 North Park Avenue, Helena, Montana.
Pay Your Taxes Online
- Go to https://itax.tylertech.com/LewisAndClarkMT/.
- Search for your property. (You may only search with one field at a time.)
- Select your property.
- Click on the Pay Taxes button and Add to Cart.
- Select which half you are paying. (To pay both, add one half then the other.)
- Continue to Cart and proceed to Checkout.
- You will be taken to the Official Payments site. Enter your credit or debit card information and process your payment.*
*Additional fees will apply. Payments are uploaded into our system every two hours.
Pay Your Taxes by Phone
- Call toll free 1(888)272-9829.
- You will be asked for a jurisdiction number. The jurisdiction number for Lewis and Clark County is 3602.
- You will also be asked to provide your Property Tax ID number. This number is located on your property tax payment stubs. (If you don't know your Property Tax ID number, you may search for it at https://itax.tylertech.com/LewisAndClarkMT/.)
- You will be prompted to provide additional information, such as your credit or debit card payment information.*
*Additional fees will apply.
Tax Department Contact Information
Property Tax Manager:
316 North Park Avenue Room 147
Helena, Montana 59623
Phone : 406-447-8329
Hours of Operation: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Delinquent Tax Process
For information on tax liens from 2015 or prior, please refer to Montana Code Annotated, Title 15, Chapters 16, 17, and 18. For information on tax liens from 2016 going forward, please refer toHouse Bill 18. For information on tax liens for 2018 and forward please refer to Senate Bill 253.
It is the responsibility of the interested person to conduct their own research of the delinquent tax process prior to purchasing any assignments. If you have questions in regards to tax liens, please consult an attorney. Lewis and Clark County will not provide legal advice of any kind.
The Lewis and Clark County Treasurer's office does not conduct tax sale assignment business during the tax season months of November and May. Tax sale assignment business resumes when the processing of current postmarked mail is complete.
Feedback to: Amy Reeves
Disclaimer: No endorsement is intended or made of any hypertext link, product, service or information either by its inclusion or exclusion from this page or site. While all attempts are made to insure the correctness and suitability of information under our control and to correct any errors brought to our attention, no representation or guarantee can be made as to the correctness or suitability of that information or any other linked information presented, referenced or implied. Any questions should be directed to the administrator/s of this or any specific sites.