- Incoming mail must include the sender's full name and address.
- Mail received from any attorney, governor, attorney general, judge, court or sheriff shall remain sealed.
- Legal mail will be opened in the presence of detention staff.
- All personal mail will be opened and scanned for contraband.
- No books, newspapers or magazines are allowed to be mailed into the facility.
The only incoming mail accepted will be:
- Letters and greeting cards no larger than 5X7
- Business size envelope no larger than 4.13X9.5
Mail arriving with any of these may be returned to the sender:
- Any other alteration
- Anything printed off the internet
- Manila type envelopes
- Priority mail
- Shipping envelopes
- Newspaper clippings
- Construction paper
- Extra paper
- Blank postcards
- Cash, money orders or cahier's/bank check
- Polaroid pictures
- Any drawing, picture or document that depicts sexual acts or nudity in any way
The only photocopies or computer printouts allowed in the mail are family photos.
Mail must have the inmate's full name on the envelope and should be addressed to 221 Breckenridge, Helena, MT 59601.