If you are sending a cashier’s/bank check or money order to put on an inmate’s account, please do the following:
- The cashier’s/bank check or money order must be made out to “LCSO” (no personal checks accepted)
- The inmate’s first and last name must be printed legibly on the bottom of the check on the “memo” line
- The c heck or money order only must be mailed to LCSO, c/o Jolene King, 406 Fuller Ave., Helena, MT 59601
- Your complete name and return address must appear on the front of the envelope
- Do not include any personal mail with the check
- The money will be put on the inmate’s account from this location only
A credit card can be used to add money to an inmate’s account through www.inmatecanteen.com.
- You need the inmate’s 5-digit PIN number
- This deposit cannot be accessed immediately
- A small fee applies to all credit card transactions
Cash can be deposited in the KIOSK at the detention center. A small fee also applies to cash transactions.
Payroll and Government checks are the only checks that can be mailed into the facility.