Augusta Solid Waste Management District
Location of Collection Site: 952 Sun Canyon Road
Hours of Operation:
- Monday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Wednesday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Saturday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm
- (Closed all Legal Holidays)
Augusta Solid Waste Management District Board
P.O Box 204
Augusta, MT 59410
Solid Waste Contact Information
Public Works Director:
Assistant Public Works Director:
Solid Waste Manager:
Augusta Solid Waste District Office #:
Pete Anderson (406) 447-8088
Recycling at Collection Site
White goods & Scrap Metal
Recycling bins at the Collection Site: Aluminum & Tin cans, Newspaper & Office Paper, Rechargeable Batteries (collection box located in office), and #1 and #2 plastic bottles
Compost: Wood chips, grass clippings and leaves.
Free-Cycle: The Waste District acknowledges "one person's trash may be another person's treasure." Montanan's have always reused and recycled. Instead of discarding unwanted but usable items including toys, tools or furniture, individuals may consider donating them. Residents should first consider re-selling or donating usable items to organizations of need. In addition, the site will have a scavenge or "Free-Cycle" for donated reusable items. These items of use can be voluntarily set aside and then collected by any other Augusta Solid Waste District resident for their personal use. Neither Lewis and Clark County nor the Solid Waste District have inspected or warranted the condition of these items. By removing items from this area, the person(s) doing so accepts full responsibility for the quality, safety and usability of any item exchanged or scavenged.
The Augusta Solid Waste District was created in August of 1997. Board meetings are held quarterly at the Augusta Senior Center, the second Monday in February, May, August, and November. The public is welcome.
The Augusta Solid Waste Board Assessment Policy is based on the average waste generated by Augusta residents of 1.5 tons per household. This is the Equivalent Unit (EU), charged at $100.00 per year. All other assessments are based on multiples of the EU.
Transfer Site Rules & Regulations
1. Keep children and pets in your vehicle - Their safety is your responsibility.
2. Burn Pile - Only untreated wood and limbs. Do not put painted boards, grass clippings, dry wall, plywood or other non-wood waste in the burn pile.
3. White goods/Metal Pile - Only certified freon free refrigerators, air conditioners, dryers, washers and metal objects. Gate attendant will collect freon free certificate.
4. Keep your waste in your vehicle, not on the roads. Please COVER YOUR GARBAGE before coming to the site.
5. No dumping: Hazardous waste, CFC (Freon), Automotive Batteries, Paints, Solvents, etc.
Annual Assessment rate:
Equivalent Unit (EU)