This page provides road, bridge and infrastructure project updates Lewis and Clark County is responsible for.
State of Montana project updates are found here: Montana Department of Transportation Projects
Construction Project Contact Information
Colorado Gulch Road Reconstruction Project
A road reconstruction project on the lower end of Colorado Gulch is scheduled to begin Monday, September 9.
The work will begin approximately 300 feet from the intersection with Highway 12 and go about ¼ mile.
The project will include removing the existing asphalt, putting down stabilization fabric, structural fill, base gravel and new asphalt pavement.
The project is expected to take 15 days and the public is asked to obey all signage and flaggers.
Trap Club Flood Mitigation Project
- Construction began August 2019.
- The original goal was to have the work in front of Rossiter done prior to school starting. While the project is moving forward, the work in front of the school is taking longer than anticipated.
- Project construction cost: $1.9 million.
- The contractor is Bullock Construction.
- The project includes installation of fourteen culverts, construction of a diversion and turnout into the Trap Club pit, and lowering and widening of roadside ditches along Sierra Road between North Montana and Interstate 15.
- The project is funded through a FEMA Hazard Mitigation Grant, Lewis and Clark County and the Flood Mitigation Rural Improvement District.
- The construction end date is scheduled for December 26, although it is not anticipated to take that long.
Lewis Street and Lake Helena Drive intersection improvement project
- This project is nearing completion. The road is open.
Background: The Lewis Street/Lake Helena Drive intersection improvement project is funded through HB473 BARSAA funds. Morrison-Maierle is the consultant engineer. The purpose is to address the large drain dip and to reduce or eliminate localized ponding from melting snow and spring runoff. The work consists of road and ditch grading, installation of pipe culverts and a storm drain system, placement of a crushed base, new concrete sidewalk, valley gutter, curb and gutter, asphalt pavement and pavement markings. The project is coordinated with Montana Department of Transportation to accommodate a planned pedestrian trail between Eastgate Elementary and East Valley Middle School.