[A close up of a logo Description automatically generated]National Association of Counties
West Region Video Conference Call
Thursday, September 17, 2020
2:00 p.m. Mountain Time
Join Microsoft Teams Meeting<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=microsoft.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly90ZWFtcy5taWNyb3NvZnQuY29tL2wvbWVldHVwLWpvaW4vMTklM2FtZWV0aW5nX09EaGlZakl5T1RVdE1EUm1PQzAwTmpGakxXSTNOR010TnpKak1URTBOMk01TmpBeCU0MHRocmVhZC52Mi8wP2NvbnRleHQ9JTdiJTIyVGlkJTIyJTNhJTIyMjM5ZTA5MzAtM2Y3NC00MTIyLWIzOGEtYjAwNjYyMzE2NTJhJTIyJTJjJTIyT2lkJTIyJTNhJTIyZjNiMjIzZjktMWE2YS00MDBjLWJmZWUtMWQzYjJlMTVjNTFmJTIyJTdk&e=amJyaWdnc0BjYXNjYWRlY291bnR5bXQuZ292&t=bjJtbm0reHhydjVoY3lKaXA3YXdEZkQwbU1wSHc0S29zZ3ptYjFSSkcrWT0=&h=935623a8daa04ce2ad705926aa112561>
+1 253-999-5772<tel:+1%20253-999-5772,,393161831#> United States, Tacoma (Toll)
(855) 204-8206<tel:(855)%20204-8206,,393161831#> United States (Toll-free)
Conference ID: 393 161 831#
If you join the Video meeting late, please do not announce your name, in respect of the ongoing discussion. Additionally, please mute you microphone unless you are speaking.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO BE ON THE VIDEO MEETING, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO HAVE SOMEONE ON YOUR STAFF TO JOIN IN ON YOUR BEHALF.
Joe Briggs, NACo West Region Representative (Cascade County MT Commissioner)
* Virtual PILT Fly-In (Jonathan Shuffield)
* Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, NACo was unable to have our in-person PILT Fly-In. Instead, over the past four weeks, NACo staff have met virtually with over 30 key members of Congress to discuss the importance of PILT and SRS, and emphasize the need to fully and permanently fund these crucial programs. The Virtual PILT Fly-In culminated with a national press conference featuring NACo members discussing what these programs mean to their communities, as well as a National Day of Action, where over 100 county officials and educators from allied organizations contacted congressional offices to further press the case for action on PILT and SRS.
* West Region Wildfires (Jonathan Shuffield)
* Today, 87 active, large wildland fires have burned more than 4.7 million acres in western states with only 6 existing fires contained, according to the National Interagency Fire Center<https://www.nifc.gov/fireInfo/nfn.htm>. This has led to untold damage to homes, businesses, and landscapes, requiring mass evacuations. Many communities nationwide are currently impacted by smoke moving across the continent, as well. In 2018, NACo launched the County Wildfire Playbook<https://www.naco.org/featured-resources/county-wildfire-playbook-county-leadership-guide-help-communities-become-more-fire-adapted> to give local officials the information necessary to prepare and combat wildfire, while maintaining effective communications with impacted residents. We encourage county officials to utilize this tool to better prepare for future fires and implement strategies to mitigate the damage from existing wildfires.
* Update on U.S. Treasury CRF Reporting Requirements (Eryn Hurley)
* On August 28, the U.S. Department of Treasury’s Office of Inspector General (OIG) released an FAQ document outlining new requirements for Coronavirus Relief Fund (CRF) recipients. Of key concern to counties are OIG’s additional reporting and record retention requirements for counties using CRF payments to cover payroll expenses for public safety, public health and human services employees who are "substantially dedicated" to addressing and mitigating the impacts of COVID-19. Late additions to CRF reporting requirements may prevent counties from receiving reimbursements for payroll expenses incurred during the pandemic, severely impacting budget forecasts. Join NACo for an overview of these new reporting requirements and next steps.
* Update on COVID-19 Vaccine Development and Distribution (Blaire Bryant)
* Operation Warp Speed is a multi-agency initiative tasked with overseeing the development and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines and medical countermeasures. The initiative aims to accelerate state local, and tribal readiness for a large scale vaccination distribution campaign. NACo’s Blaire Bryant will provide an update on the work of this initiative, and an overview of how counties can begin to prepare local vaccine distribution plans.
NACo FINANCIAL SERVICES CORP (FSC)
* three+one (Kyle Cline)
* NACo has partnered with cashVest by three+one<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=naco.org&u=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubmFjby5vcmcvcmVzb3VyY2VzL2Nvc3Qtc2F2aW5nLXRvb2xzL2Nhc2h2ZXN0&e=amJyaWdnc0BjYXNjYWRlY291bnR5bXQuZ292&t=amI4LzlxSUtvRXV6YVdBRitGZ3RvazR1S1hUZ0QrekwzSG9OTWJjM2VNUT0=&h=db18cb294f6b4939ad95877cdf9d6a86> to provide vital ongoing liquidity analyses, forecasting tools, additional interest-earning opportunities, and cost savings to counties nationwide. cashVest<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=threeplusone.us&u=aHR0cHM6Ly90aHJlZXBsdXNvbmUudXMv&e=amJyaWdnc0BjYXNjYWRlY291bnR5bXQuZ292&t=eDNOb1ptcUExWHkwT1I1bzNDNlh0U2t5NXpqendVYnRNQXJQV0JXMWRSMD0=&h=db18cb294f6b4939ad95877cdf9d6a86> is helping counties mitigate the impacts of COVID-19 and beyond. Three+one's services provide fiscal relief during these unprecedented times.
* Benefits of cashVest:
- Confirmation that counties have sufficient liquidity to satisfy expenditures through data-driven analyses.
- Confidence that your county is maximizing all financial resources. Three+One is neither a bank or registered financial advisor. An objective third-party data provider can complement current efforts.
- Stress-testing on liquidity to show how vulnerable cash positions are in worst-case scenarios.
- Right-sizing of bank relationship fee structures amid dramatic interest rate decreases
For more information, contact Kyle Cline, NACo/three+one Program Manager, (317) 502-7415, email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or visit www.threeplusone.us<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=threeplusone.us&u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy50aHJlZXBsdXNvbmUudXM=&e=amJyaWdnc0BjYXNjYWRlY291bnR5bXQuZ292&t=b0FkbU9wR0ZNR202L2RHR1RLZGRBUEl1UEJIM3N4Tm1yZWV1eSs2U0VPWT0=&h=db18cb294f6b4939ad95877cdf9d6a86>
Upcoming NACo Virtual Meetings
* Webinars: www.naco.org/resources/programs-and-initiatives/webinars<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=naco.org&u=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubmFjby5vcmcvcmVzb3VyY2VzL3Byb2dyYW1zLWFuZC1pbml0aWF0aXZlcy93ZWJpbmFycw==&e=amJyaWdnc0BjYXNjYWRlY291bnR5bXQuZ292&h=490c230dd2624b39958925f20bb5634a&t=TWlKRHpsdWljQlREMkJYTzV2RVQxcU44b2FDdjBJR3VqdnZVZ1RHUHg2WT0=>
* NACo 2020 Virtual Annual Meeting.
NACo West Region Conference Calls & Officer Invitations
* 3rd Thursday of the month at 2:00 Mountain time via Microsoft Teams or Phone
October 15, 2020
November 19, 2020
December 17, 2020
> To request a NACo Officer and/or staff to attend your state conference or a video meeting, please contact Jenny Hilscher, Executive Assistant to the Executive Committee, by email at email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> or by phone at 202.942.4258
Cascade County Commissioner
(406) 454-6810 (Office)
(406) 868-8397 (Cell)