Upcoming Classes and Events
- Man Therapy: Just for Kicks, May 25, 3 to 4 PM, Frederick's ATA Martial Arts, 3439 Ptarmigan Street, Helena. Learn the basics of Taeknowndo and self-defense. Free! Learn more on Facebook or call 406-457-8970.
- Man Therapy: Let the Good Times Roll, May 31, 9 to 11:30 PM, Sleeping Giant Lanes, 3355 Tricia Street, Helena. Free "cosmic bowling." Learn more on Facebook or call 406-457-8970.
- Alive @ Five Back-to-School Immunization Clinic, June 5, 4:30 to 6:30 PM, during Alive @ Five, Women's Park, downtown Helena. Vaccines are free; bring your insurance card if you have one.
- Maintaining and Operating Public Accommodations Class, June 5, 10 to 11:30 AM, Board Room, 1930 Ninth Avenue, Helena. Register by May 29.
- ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Class, June 17-18, 8 AM to 5 PM, Public Health Conference Room, 1930 Ninth Avenue, Helena. Register by June 10.
Healthy Together Releases Health Improvement Plan
Healthy Together, a community partnership to improve health, has released its 2019-2022 Community Health Improvement Plan for Lewis and Clark County. The group selected 3 priority areas on which to focus energy and resources: behavioral health (defined as mental health and substance abuse), early childhood, and access and referrals to services. Learn more about how the community plans to tackle these priorities.
Norovirus Spreading; Take Steps to Avoid Illness
Norovirus has been spreading in the Helena area recently, causing severe diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, and stomach pain. Norovirus is very contagious, and it can spread quickly. Lewis and Clark Public Health urges everyone to take steps to avoid getting or spreading norovirus.
Check Groundwater Levels on New Interactive Map
Helena Valley residents who are worried about flooding can now check groundwater levels in parts of the valley using an interactive, online map developed by the Lewis and Clark County Water Quality Protection District. The map website also gives people a way to report flooding incidents, and it contains links to other flood-related resources.
Health Officials Urge Residents to Prepare for Measles
The health department is preparing for the likely chance that measles will make its way to Lewis and Clark County in the near future. Recent outbreaks of the highly contagious and serious disease in Washington State are only a day's drive or short flight away. We urge residents to take steps now to protect themselves, their children, and their community. Vaccination is the first, best step. Find out what you can do to stop measles.
Healthy Together Releases 2018 Community Health Report
1930 Ninth Avenue
Helena, MT 59601
Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM
City-County Building, Room 230
316 North Park Avenue
Helena, MT 59623
Monday-Friday 8 AM to 4 PM
Augusta Public Health Nurse
Augusta, MT 59410
8:30 AM to 5 PM
Tuesdays 9 AM to 1 PM
Home and Office Visits by Appointment
After Business Hours