- If you are a US citizen, at least 18 years of age or older, a Montana resident for at least 30 days, and a current resident in city limits, you are eligible to vote for your city's Mayor and City Council/Commission.
- If you are already registered to vote at your current address, and have active voting status, your ballot will be mailed to you on October 13.
- Hint: you can check if you have active voting status and what address you registered to vote with at www.MyVoterPageMT.com.
- If you will be out of town at election time and are leaving before ballots are mailed out on October 13, we recommend you go to the elections office to request an absentee ballot before you leave.
- If you are not yet registered or need to update your registration, visit the elections office in person to "late register" and pick up a ballot for the election. The deadline to late register is 12 noon on Monday, November 1.
- If you do not receive your ballot in the mail or need a replacement ballot, contact the elections department or visit the office in person.
- Return your voted ballot by mail or in person.
- If mailing, we recommend sending it back by October 26.
- To drop your ballot off in person, go to the county elections office during business hours. You can also drop off your ballot at East Helena City Hall from 7am to 8pm on Election Day, November 2.
County Elections Office Location and Hours
316 N Park Ave, Rm 168
Helena, MT 59623
Regular Business Hours: Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm excluding holidays
(October 11 is a holiday; the elections office will be closed.)
Election Day Hours: 7am to 8pm