Helena – The Lewis and Clark County Treasurer/Clerk and Recorder announces office closures and restrictions in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. To further limit exposure with both staff and the public, the following services will be available through mail and online only beginning today at 5 PM.
Renew at https://app.mt.gov/burnpermit/
Voter Registration and Elections Online Services
· Check if you are registered to vote and if you are signed up for absentee ballots: www.MyVoterPageMT.com
· Though you cannot register to vote or request an absentee ballot online, you can download the form so you can complete, print, sign, and then return:
o Voter Registration Application https://www.lccountymt.gov/fileadmin/user_upload/Clerk_and_Recorder/Elections/Forms/Voter-Registration-Application.pdf
Voter Registration and Elections Phone Services
· Most updates and requests require a signed form. Please call the office at 447-8339 and we will mail you the form you need with a postage-paid return envelope.
E-record online at:https://www.lccountymt.gov/car/records.html
Motor Vehicle Registration
40-Day Temporary Permits
Dealer/lender sending paperwork to MVD:
Customer with paperwork in-hand:
Pay property taxes
Pay property taxes online at: https://www.lccountymt.gov/car/tax-information.html
Find more information online at: https://www.lccountymt.gov/car/records.html
· Responding to recording information requests by e-mail to records(at)lccountymt.gov or phone at 447-8337.
Request vital records
Find forms to request vital records online at: https://www.lccountymt.gov/car/records.html
· Email completed forms to records(at)lccountymt.gov
Review and file surveys
Call 447-8337 to coordinate the review and filing of surveys.
Search documents online at: https://eagle-web.lccountymt.gov/recorder/web/
The listed services are available on an emergency basis by calling the department you need during regular office hours (8-5 M-F). If nobody answers, please leave a message and someone will get back to you as soon as they can:
- Elections (406) 447-8339
- Records (406) 447-8337
- Tax Department (406) 447-8329
- Motor Vehicle Department (406) 447-8328
- Accounting Department (406) 447-8327
A full list of County services available by phone or online is available at https://www.lccountymt.gov/home/news-item.html?tx_news_pi1%5Bnews%5D=495&tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail&cHash=16b460afd5daed0ce369215c3eb819e6
Treasurer/Clerk & Recorder
Lewis and Clark County