Helena - The City of Helena and Lewis and Clark County continue to evaluate providing essential services to our community while providing for the health and safety of our employees and citizens.
In response to the COVID-19 virus and directives to accomplish “social distancing,” the Transfer Station and Landfill will remain open; however both administrative offices will be closed to the public starting Monday, March 23rd until further notice.
Staff will continue to work in shifts to limit social contact, and some will work remotely. Operations at both facilities will continue as follows:
Lewis and Clark County Landfill
- Operations will remain open for account holders six days per week, Monday-Friday, 8 am-4:00 pm and Saturday 8 am-12:00 pm.
- Pay-as-you-throw services will be suspended until further notice. Disposal options are available at the City of Helena Transfer Station.
- No cash payments will be accepted. Please call 406-447-8037 to make a payment over the phone (processing fee will apply), or mail check payments to:
Lewis & Clark County Public Works Dept.
3402 Cooney Dr.
Helena, MT 59602
- For landfill questions, call 406-447-8086 visit https://www.lccountymt.gov/public-works/solid-waste.html
City of Helena Transfer Station
- Operations will move to six days per week, Monday-Saturday, 8 am-4:30 pm.
- It will be closed on Sunday’s, beginning March 29.
- Tipping floor attendants will no longer help customers unload any type of material.
- Route collection and recycling will continue six days per week, Monday-Saturday.
- A portable ADA accessible restroom will be placed for the public to use.
- Permit issuance for new construction/sales will be suspended until further notice. The scale will attempt to get addresses of those customers without a permit.
- People with lost or misplaced permit holders can call 406-447-8086.
- No cash will be accepted for payment on Solid Waste statements and invoices. Please call 406-447-8086 to make a payment over the phone, or mail check payments to:
City of Helena
Attn: Transfer Station
316 N. Park Ave.
Helena, MT 59623
- For Transfer Station questions, please call 406-447-8086 or visit https://www.helenamt.gov/government/departments/public-works/solid-waste
The delivery of in-person services will be reevaluated on Tuesday, March 31 and will be based on COVID-19 trends and CDC guidelines.
People are encouraged to utilize the transfer station for essential disposal needs and are reminded to keep young kids inside the vehicle at all times.