Community COVID-19 Testing Clinic at the Fairgrounds
NEW: Appointments not required, but strongly encouraged.
Our Community Testing Clinic's regular hours are Monday - Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The testing clinic offers free, drive-up antigen tests for the following community members:
- Symptomatic individuals in the first seven days of symptoms.
- Individuals who are considered close contacts to a known COVID-19 case.
The clinic is open to all individuals, regardless of county of residence.
This clinic utilizes CareStart COVID-19 rapid antigen tests. These tests are highly accurate and are used by health departments, schools, and long-term care facilities across the county.
This clinic DOES NOT provide PCR tests for travel or for those who need to get tested for work. Individuals seeking a PCR test should contact their healthcare provider.
There is no charge to receive a test at the clinic.
Symptomatic individuals who require immediate medical care should call their medical provider and should not utilize the community testing center.
Appointments are not required, but strongly encouraged. Same day appointments are available.
To make an appointment: You can either visit our COVID-19 Hub (click on the testing tab at the top), call our COVID-19 Hotline at 833-829-9219 (Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) or click on the 'Book Now' button below.
What can I expect?
The process for testing will be as follows*:
- After arriving at the Fairgrounds, an individual will follow the signs to the testing clinic.
- Once at the clinic, the individual will remain in their vehicle, turn off the engine, and are met by a health department employee who will take their full name, address, date of birth, and other details.
- The employee will then provide the community member with a self-administered antigen test and explain how to perform the test.
- After the individual self-administers the COVID-19 test, they will return the test to the employee who will then direct them to the exit.
- An individual will get a call and/or email from a health department representative by the end of the day or the following morning with their test results, regardless of if they have a positive or negative test.
* exact procedures subject to change
Notice of disclosure
All results – positive, negative, indeterminate/invalid or cancelled - are reported to the State of Montana within 24 hours.
Special thanks to our partners PureView Health Center and Benefis for their support with this clinic!