Montana 4-H offers a wide variety of projects for youth participation.
Projects are lead by our wonderful volunteer Superintendents who have a special expertise or interest in the project.
You can find out more about projects and project requirements in the 2018 Clover.
If you have a project question, reach out to the Project Superintendent.
You can find a list of all Superintendents in the 4-H Council Directory or specific Superintendents on the project pages.
Occasionally, if we don't have a superintendent to lead a project, the youth can still complete the project through self-directed, independent learning. Please contact the Extension Office.
Animal Quality Assurance Training
- All 4-H members (and a parent or guardian) enrolled in any livestock project, including breeding and dairy projects, must become certified through Animal Quality Assurance training.
- Livestock projects include: swine, goat, lamb, beef, rabbit, poultry, and dairy.
- You must attend this training if this is your first year raising a livestock animal
- You must attend this training if your name is highlighted in red on the list below.
- This list is sorted alphabetically by your last name.
- If it says 'Inactive' next to your name, we did not receive your enrollment forms.
- If it says 'No Animal Project', we do not have you enrolled in a market or breeding project.
- Call the Extension Office or contact your Club Leader for more information.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE LIST
- Everyone with a market animal or breeding project should be on this list. Please e-mail or call the Extension Office to be added to the list.
- Failure to keep up on your annual Animal Quality Assurance certification will mean you cannot show or sell your animal at the Fair.
- Trainings will be held:
- February 9, 2020 at the Bill Hamilton Building at 2 PM
- Another one in the spring, TBD
- If you can't make these times, please contact a neighboring county and attend one of their trainings, or you can take a training online for $12 with the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
- For instructions on how to create an account to take this online certification, please read these instructions.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Montana State University and the Montana State University Extension Service prohibit discrimination in all of their programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status. Issued in furtherance of cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Director of Extension, Extension Service, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717