Montana 4-H offers a wide variety of projects for youth participation.
Projects are lead by our wonderful volunteer Superintendents who have a special expertise or interest in the project.
You can find out more about projects and project requirements in the 2021 Clover.
If you have a project question, reach out to the Project Superintendent.
You can find a list of all Superintendents in the 4-H Council Directory or specific Superintendents on the project pages.
Occasionally, if we don't have a superintendent to lead a project, the youth can still complete the project through self-directed, independent learning. Please contact the Extension Office.
- To see record book check instructions for each project, please click HERE.
Animal Quality Assurance Training
- All 4-H members (and a parent or guardian) enrolled in any livestock project, including breeding and dairy projects, must become certified through Animal Quality Assurance training.
- Livestock projects include: swine, goat, lamb, beef, rabbit, poultry, and dairy.
- You must attend this training if this is your first year raising a livestock animal
- You must attend this training if your name is highlighted in red on the list below.
- This list is sorted alphabetically by your last name.
- If it says 'Inactive' next to your name, we did not receive your enrollment forms.
- If it says 'No Animal Project', we do not have you enrolled in a market or breeding project.
- Call the Extension Office or contact your Club Leader for more information.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE LIST
- Failure to keep up on your annual Animal Quality Assurance certification will mean you cannot show or sell your animal at the Fair.
- Animal Quality Assurance (AQA) Training Options:
- There will be no in person trainings this year
- You have four other options:
- Contact a neighboring county and attend one of their trainings
- Complete a training online for $12 with the Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA) Provide the certificate to the Extension Office.
- For instructions on how to create an account to take this online certification, (choose create a new account underneath FFA & Independent Sign In. We no longer use 4HOnline) please read these instructions.
- The Colorado 4-H program is allowing Montana 4-H to use their online AQA workshop materials for FREE. Please view the links below, which are the written materials. These have a link on the last page to the online test. The Colorado State 4-H Office will provide us the test results.
- Biosecurity for Youth Caring for Livestock is a FREE, virtual, interactive course. Complete all four online modules HERE, print and provide certificates to the Extension Office.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Montana State University and the Montana State University Extension Service prohibit discrimination in all of their programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status. Issued in furtherance of cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, and Director of Extension, Extension Service, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717