Enrollment and Project Forms
- The 4-H year runs from October 1st-September 30th each year.
- Re-Enrollment forms and a $10.00 enrollment fee are due to the Extension Office by December 31st (for both youth and adult members).
- Re-enrollments forms received after December 31st will require $50.00 membership dues (for both youth and adult members).
- The deadline to enroll and participate in Fair is May 1st.
Enrollment is completely online through ZSuites
- You can begin enrolling/re-enrolling on October 1st each year.
- Detailed ZSuites Enrollment Instructions (written)
- Detailed ZSuites Enrollment Instructions (video)
- New 4-H Family Handbook
Project Enrollment Forms
Self Determined/Independent Study Project
- 4-H Project Plan
- Due May 1st
Horse Project Forms
- 2018-2019 Horse Policy Manual
- Horse Project ID Form - Due May 31st
- Horse Project ID Form (Fillable Version)
Dog Project Form
- Dog Registration Form
- Must be in by December 13, 2019
Shooting Sports Form
Livestock Project Forms
Beef Project Forms
- Beef Tagging
Swine Project Forms
- Swine Tagging
Goat Project Forms
- Goat Tagging
Sheep Project Forms
- Sheep Tagging
4-H age is always calculated using October 1 of the current 4-H year. For example, if a 4-H member turns 14 on December 15, their 4-H age is still 13 years old until the next 4-H year.
- Cloverbud: 4-H members 5-8 years old (as of October 1). This is the only option for members under 8 years old. It is a non-competitive educational project and is the only project they can enroll.
- Traditional 4-H Member: Youth who are 8-18 years old (as of October 1). Members may participate fully in the program and competitive activities. This category is broken down further into the following categories often used for competitions and events:
- Junior 4-H Member: Members who are 8-13 years old (as of October 1)
- Senior 4-H Member: Members who are 14-18 years old (as of October 1)
Due to safety concerns, some projects have age limitations. The following project areas follow different age guidelines:
- Green Horse and Colt-to-Maturity (Horse): Must be at least 12 years old (and completed levels 1-3 of Horsemanship)
- Leadership: Must be at least 13 years old (as of October 1)
- Shooting Sports: Must be at least 9 years old (as of October 1)
4-H membership is open to all eligible youth. Montana State University Extension does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Montana State University and the Montana State University Extension Service prohibit discrimination in all of their programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status. Issued in furtherance of cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Jeff Bader, Director of Extension, Extension Service, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717