County Opportunities and Events
Lewis & Clark County 4-H Foundation Sponsorship Request Form
Want to attend a 4-H event but are worried about the cost? Fill out the Sponsorship Request Form and the LCC 4-H Foundation will be in touch!
Helena Grand Foods
Saturday, February 13, 2021
Location & Time TBD
- Grand Foods: This event is for 4-H members who would like to challenge themselves with preparation of a new food that can be used for a special event.
- Open to all students whether or not you are enrolled in Foods and Nutrition
Helena Communications Day
Sunday, March 14, 2021 starting at 1 PM
Online through Webex
- Demonstration day has long been a part of 4-H. It is competitive in nature, yet it is also intended to be an educational event for all those involved. The event is open to public spectators, and all 4-H members, parents and leaders are encouraged to attend even though they may not have someone directly involved
Augusta Grand Foods & Demonstration Day
Sunday, April 18th
Setup at 1:00 and judging starting at 1:30.
*All county wide members are invited. Please call Teresa Converse-Lane at (406) 799-2349 for more information and to register.
Become an Ambassador
Applications due April 20, 2021 for 2021-22 Year
- The primary purpose of a 4-H Ambassador is to strengthen the 4-H program through public relations. A 4-H ambassador must conduct himself or herself with integrity in a mature manner that sets a good example by which other 4-H members may follow.
- The Lewis & Clark County Ambassador Program consists of a team of up to eight Ambassadors. Any current 4-H member 13 years old or older who wishes to enhance their leadership skills through, fun, hard work, and involvement in the Lewis & Clark County 4-H Program is welcome to apply.
- Ambassador Application
Sewing & Handiwork Revue
April 25, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
Capital Baptist Fellowship
1727 Waukesha, at corner of Laurel and Waukesha
- A Sewing Revue has been held by the Lewis and Clark County 4-H program since the 1980’s. The Sewing Revue at both county and state level (Congress) is an educational component of the 4-H Clothing program. It emphasizes development in selecting, constructing, accessorizing and showing an item the member has sewn.
- You do not need to be in the sewing, handiwork or quilting project to participate
- There will be seating provided
4-H Photography Show
4-H Photo Show is on!
This year in the Photography project, we have been focusing on the creative process, and exploring different styles of photography. The Photo Show format is going to reflect that approach. There will be no live interview judging for this year’s event. Instead judging score will be determined by the photo entry, and the written responses supplied by the registrants. Photographers will express their creative process and what they learned as a percentage of their judging score.
The Photo Show is open to all Lewis & Clark County 4-H members. Registration for the Photo Show is May 1-14, 2021.
An online gallery of all photo entries with judging results will be available for viewing beginning June 1, 2021.
Photos entered in the Photo Show may not be entered in the County Fair. Details on the Show, an online registration form, and a photo upload link are here: https://elementl.net/4H/2021-photo-show/
Helena Jackpot Show
June 12-13, 2021
Lewis & Clark County Fairgrounds, Multi-Purpose Building
- Open to all 4-H, FFA, & Jr. Breed Association Members
Registrations Due: June 4th by 5:00 p.m. google forms
Payment Due: June 4th by 5:00 p.m. through online paypal system
If you have any questions, please contact Jeff Patten the organizer of this event by
406-422-3796 or blaackraam(at)gmail.com
June 17th, July 22, & August 5-6, 2021
Lewis & Clark County Fairgrounds, Helena, MT
The main purpose of camp is to provide an educational and fun learning experience for the members in attendance and also to provide leadership activities for the junior members and adults who are responsible for putting on the event.
- Open to 4-H members age 8-13 years (as of October 1, 2020) and not enrolled as a Cloverbud
- Camper fee for the day camps (June 17th and July 22nd) are $30 per dates
- Overnight camp (August 5-6) is $40
- Fees include: transportation, accommodations, meals, activity supplies, and a T-shirt
Montana Youth Range Camp
July 26-29, 2021
C Bar N Ranch, Augusta, MT
Students ages 11-17 will be introduced to 25 of Montana's important range plants; grasses, forbs, and shrubs. These youth will learn about the interaction of soils, water, plants, wildlife, and livestock on the range. The camp provides and excellent opportunity for youth of varying backgrounds to become more aware of the value and potential of Montana's rangelands. This well-organized and balanced educational program brings together range professionals and interested students to learn in the great outdoors. Evening programs and activities allow campers and opportunity to meet new friends and develop lasting friendships.
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Montana State University and the Montana State University Extension Service prohibit discrimination in all of their programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, and marital and family status. Issued in furtherance of cooperative extension work in agriculture and home economics, acts of May 8 and June 30, 1914, in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Jeff Bader, Director of Extension, Extension Service, Montana State University, Bozeman, MT 59717