Professional Development Opportunities
- Click the link above to learn about fundraising, managing risk, life skills at the livestock sale, club strategies, and more!
- Click the link above to connect with Montana 4-H volunteers from all over the state!
- Click the link above to connect with other volunteers from Lewis and Clark County. The class code is ek50tu
Montana 4-H Shooting Sports Training
Multiple Dates Throughout the Year
- Shooting Sports is the 4th largest 4-H project in Montana with over 2,600 youth enrolled annually in the combined disciplines of archery, hunting, muzzle loading, pistol, rifle, and shotgun. Trained leaders are able to provide youth an opportunity to learn safety, leadership, sportsmanship, decision making, and technical skills, in addition to the opportunity to compete at the local, state and national level.
Montana 4-H Horse and Livestock Leaders Forum
- The Montana 4-H Horse and Livestock Forum is an opportunity for 4-H leaders and teens to further their skills in working with youth in the Horse and Livestock Projects. Workshops and demonstrations are offered throughout the event and time is allowed to share ideas from county to county. Workshops may be taught by university researchers, Extension Agents, industry professionals, 4-H leaders, or 4-H teens. The Forum is held every other year to run opposite the Alberta, Canada 4-H Horse Leaders Forum and may be hosted by any county or group of counties in Montana.
Alberta Leaders Conference
January 19-21st, 2018
- The Alberta 4-H Leaders’ Conference is an outstanding opportunity for up to eight Montana 4-H adult volunteers to learn more about the 4-H program in Alberta and across Canada. The conference gives leaders the opportunity to improve their leadership skills and exchange ideas. At the conference, Montana leaders absorb new ideas and experiences that can be shared with their clubs back home while they also enjoy an educational, action packed program.
Montana 4-H Leadership Forum
September 28th-29th, 2018
- The forum provides a weekend retreat for Volunteers, Youth Leaders and 4-H staff across Montana to come together for networking, education, relaxation, and fun. Participants return with a deeper understanding of the 4-H mission, a stronger sense of how to accomplish it, and an expanded toolbox to make it happen.