2019 Flood Information
4/22/19: The Helena Salvation Army has placed nearly 6,000 empty sandbags near the sand piles at the Lewis and Clark County Fairgrounds. These are FREE to the public, please come down and help yourself.
4/11/19: With landowner permission and the proper permits, Public Works was able to remove a newly discovered debris pile from Ten Mile Creek to mitigate flooding.
4/9/19: The Community Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD) has two piles of sand at the fairgrounds, free of charge. The sand is in the parking lot northeast of the Exhibitor Building. You must provide your own sandbags at this time.
- Groundwater Levels and Reported Flooding in the Tenmile Creek Area (see Water Quality Protection District for more information)
- Lewis and Clark Water Quality District Groundwater Data
- Dearborn River near Craig Streamflow Data*
- Ten Mile Creek Streamflow Data*
- Prickly Pear Creek Streamflow Data*
- South Fork Sun River Streamflow Data*
- Daily Montana Streamflow Data*
*Please note that ice can cause inaccurate water flow readings.
- Disaster & Emergency Services: 406-447-8285
Public Information Hotline: 406-447-1605
- Environmental Health: 406-447-8351
Drinking Water, Well Safety, Sewage, Septic Systems
- Public Health: 406-457-8900
Food Safety, Mold, Shelter Inspections, Disease Control
- Public Works: 406-447-8037
Road Repair, Bridge Repair, Culverts
- Sheriff's Office: 406-457-8235 (non-emergencies)
Evacuation, Traffic Control, Road Closures
- Elkhorn Community Organizations Active in Disasters (COAD): 406-442-8244
Cleanup, Donations, Food, Shelter, Animal Care
- Montana 2-1-1: 2-1-1, montana211.org
Mental Health, Food, Legal Services, Disability Services, Senior Services, Shelter, Medical Service
- Rossiter Elementary School
- Valley Flood Committee