Jim McCormick [R], District 3, Vice Chair
Commissioner McCormick was elected in 2016.
Jim was born in Conrad, Montana in 1951 and raised in Shelby, where he attended elementary school and graduated from Shelby High School. He attended Carroll College and Montana State University.
Jim married Shelley Reynolds, a Great Falls native. They have two adult children. Jim is a member of St. Helena Parish.
- Bachelor of Science in Business, Marketing, Montana State University
- Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC)
- 1997-2016 -- Sales & Market Development Director, Montana State Fund
- 1992-1997 -- Insurance Producer, Montana International and Western States Insurance Agencies (PayneWest Insurance)
- 1989-1992 -- Life Sales Manager, USF&G Insurance Company. Assigned to Montana, Idaho, Oregon and Washington agency regions.
- 1984-1989 -- Securities Broker and Insurance Producer, GT Murray & Co.
Interests and Activities:
- Helena Citizens Council, served two terms as chairman
- As chairman, fostered traffic and pedestrian safety, and the Bike Routes Plan for Helena.
- Reber Park Improvement Steering Committee chairman
- Highland Park Homeowners Association, founding president
- Governor’s Prayer Breakfast Committee, chairman/co-chairman
- Team leader for various United Way and YMCA fund drives
- Helena Chamber of Commerce, Economic Development Committee, past member
- Independent Insurance Agents of Montana, associate member
- Independent Insurance Agents of Montana Company Person of the Year award
- Lions Club (past member)