Clerk of District Court
The Clerk of Courts all-purpose fund budget pays for the Clerk of Courts salary as required by state law. The balance of the Clerk of Courts budget is located within the District Court fund.
The Clerk of District Court office is a constitutionally required office mandated, by statute, to perform the following duties:
- Keep records and set the schedules of District Court.
- Take charge of and safely keep or dispose of all books, indexes, and papers which are filed in the office.
- Attend court sessions.
- Keep minutes and issue all processes and required notices.
- Properly enter all orders, judgments, and decrees for the record.
- Act as jury commissioner.
- Receipt and disburse child support, maintenance, restitution, and other trust accounts.
- Issue and record marriage licenses.
The Clerk of District Court for Lewis and Clark County no longer processes passports, please contact the U.S. Post Office.
The use of computers and continued automation of courts is essential to management of the District Court system. Lewis and Clark County's District Court continues to receive significant financial and technical support from the Supreme Court Administrator's Office through the automation program. The goal of the Department is to use advancements in computerization and automation to provide accurate and efficient service to the public.
Clerk of District Court Contact Information:
Nancy Sweeney - Clerk of Court
Lisa Kallio - District Court Supervisor
Dawn Apple - Scheduling Clerk for Judge Mike Menahan
Lindsay Slead - Scheduling Clerk for Judge Jeffrey Sherlock
Angie Sparks - Scheduling Clerk for Judge Kathy Seeley
Tammy Dillman - Scheduling Clerk for Judge James P. Reynolds
General number: (406) 447-8216
Fax: (406) 447-8275
228 Broadway, Room 104, Helena, MT, 59601
PO Box 158, Helena, MT, 59624-0158
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5 :00 pm