Solid Waste Division
The City of Helena Solid Waste Division is responsible for the management of the Lewis and Clark County Landfill, the Marysville Container Site, the closed Scratch Gravel Landfill, and represents the Department of Health on the Lincoln and Augusta Solid Waste Boards.
- The Lewis and Clark County Landfill is located at 4075 Deal Lane, Helena, MT.
The Landfill accepts:
Class IV (Construction & Demolition Waste) - $23.00 per ton
Dead Animals - $50.00 per ton
Class II Special Waste - $30.00 per ton
Please call 457-8521 for acceptance and account details.
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Closed on Sunday and designated State holidays.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
The landfill will close unexpectedly due to adverse weather conditions. Please call the landfill to verify if they are open. Alternate haul option: You can take your C&D waste to the City of Helena Transfer Station at 1975 N Benton Ave., and either pay at the scale or use your solid waste permit. Please call the Scale at 447-8082 for information regarding their fees.
The landfill primarily receives solid waste from the City of Helena Transfer Station.
- To see how to open a Landfill Account
- Mobile Homes and Trailers are accepted as Construction & Demolition. Please call Landfill at 406-457-8521 for more information.
- Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District includes residents living in the greater Helena Valley, Canyon Creek and Marysville. Residents pay an annual assessment on their tax bill for disposal of their solid waste. The annual assessment does not include any collection service. Residents must self-haul their waste to the City of Helena Transfer Station at 1975 N. Benton Avenue, Helena, MT. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. 7 days a week; closed on major holidays.
- Canyon Creek and Marysville residents may self-haul their waste to the solid waste container site on the Marysville Road or to the City of Helena Transfer Station.
- To get a solid waste permit you must go to the City of Helena Transfer Station Administration Office Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can also call 406.447.8086 for more information.
- The Marysville Container Site is located on the Marysville Road.
- Hours of Operation:
- 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday Only
- Monday through Friday – CLOSED
- Hours of Operation:
Solid Waste Holiday Hours and Closures
The City of Helena Transfer Station and the Lewis and Clark County Landfill will be closed the following days in 2017:
January 16th (Martin Luther King Day) - Reopen on Tuesday, January 17th, at 8:am
February 20th (Presidents Day) - Reopen on Tuesday, February 21st, at 8:am
Public Service Announcement
ATTENTION ALL SCRATCHGRAVEL AND MARYSVILLE SOLID WASTE PERMIT HOLDERS
Effective July 1, 2016 the City of Helena will be taking over the Scratchgravel and Marysville permitting. The new 2 year solid waste permits which are in effect from July 1, 2016 through June 30, 2018 will be mailed the last week of June and will be available for use at the City of Helena Transfer Station on July 1, 2016.
If you do not receive your permit by July 15, 2016 please contact the City of Helena Transfer Station Administrative office at (406) 447-8086. Beginning July 1, 2016 if you lose or need a replacement permit please come to the Transfer Station Administrative office between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Monday - Friday. Please note any permit replacements, issuance or questions will be handled at the Transfer Station beginning July 1, 2016.
For those customers whose permits are returned by the postal service please contact the Transfer Station to pick up your permit.
For additional information please contact Kim at 406.447.8034 or Jake at 406.447.8036.
Public Works Director:
Assistant Public Works Director:
Solid Waste Manager:
City of Helena and Lewis & Clark County Solid Waste System Efficiency Study
INVITATION TO BIDSeparate sealed bids for the construction of the Junk Vehicle (Landfill) Building in Lewis andClark County, Montana will be received by the Board of County Commissioners of Lewis andClark County, in the...
Lewis and Clark Countyis requesting a statement of qualifications (SOQ) from consulting firms capable of providing engineering services for the LEC Upgrades Project. The project can generally be described as designing and...
Scratch Gravel Solid Waste Meeting Agenda
Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District/Marysville Sub-District Boundaries
You can click on the link below to view the boundary map for the Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District and the Marysville Solid Waste Sub-District:
The link below will show Lewis & Clark County and where the 2 districts are in relation to the county:
If you have any questions please feel free to all Public Works Administration at 406-447-8037.