Solid Waste Division
The Solid Waste Division is responsible for the management of the Lewis and Clark County Landfill, the Marysville Container Site, the closed Scratch Gravel Landfill, and represents the Department of Health on the Lincoln and Augusta Solid Waste Boards.
- The Lewis and Clark County Landfill is located at 4075 Deal Lane, Helena, MT.
The Landfill accepts:
Class IV (Construction & Demolition Waste) - $23.00 per ton
Dead Animals - $50.00 per ton
Class II Special Waste - $31.25 per ton
Please call 457-8521 for acceptance and account details.
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Closed on designated State holidays.
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
The landfill primarily receives solid waste from the City of Helena Transfer Station.
- To see how to open a Landfill Construction and Demolition Account
- Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District includes residents living in the greater Helena Valley, Canyon Creek and Marysville. Residents pay an annual assessment on their tax bill for disposal of their solid waste. The annual assessment does not include any collection service. Residents must self-haul their waste to the City of Helena Transfer Station at 1975 N. Benton Avenue, Helena, MT. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. 7 days a week; closed on major holidays.
- Canyon Creek and Marysville residents may self-haul their waste to the solid waste container site on the Marysville Road or to the City of Helena Transfer Station.
- The Marysville Container Site is located on the Marysville Road.
- Hours of Operation:
- 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday Only
- Monday through Friday – CLOSED
- Hours of Operation:
Lewis & Clark County Landfill Winter Hours
Effective Saturday December 6, 2014 through April 1, 2015, the Lewis & Clark County Landfill will be closed on Saturday and Sunday only.
The Landfill, located at 4075 Deal Lane will remain open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. for construction & demolition, dead animal and special loads accounts.
Please call 406-457-8521 if you have any questions.
Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District/Marysville Sub-District Boundaries
You can click on the link below to view the boundary map for the Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District and the Marysville Solid Waste Sub-District:
The link below will show Lewis & Clark County and where the 2 districts are in relation to the county:
If you have any questions please feel free to all Public Works Administration at 406-447-8037.