Solid Waste Division
The Solid Waste Division is responsible for the management of the Lewis and Clark County Landfill, the Marysville Container Site, the closed Scratch Gravel Landfill, and represents the Department of Health on the Lincoln and Augusta Solid Waste Boards.
- The Lewis and Clark County Landfill is located at 4075 Deal Lane, Helena, MT.
The Landfill accepts:
Class IV (Construction & Demolition Waste) - $23.00 per ton
Dead Animals - $50.00 per ton
Class II Special Waste - $31.25 per ton
Please call 457-8521 for acceptance and account details.
Hours of Operation:
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
Closed on Sunday and designated State holidays.
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday
The landfill primarily receives solid waste from the City of Helena Transfer Station.
- To see how to open a Landfill Account
- Mobile Homes and Trailers are accepted as Construction & Demolition. Please call Landfill at 406-457-8521 for more information.
- Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District includes residents living in the greater Helena Valley, Canyon Creek and Marysville. Residents pay an annual assessment on their tax bill for disposal of their solid waste. The annual assessment does not include any collection service. Residents must self-haul their waste to the City of Helena Transfer Station at 1975 N. Benton Avenue, Helena, MT. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. 7 days a week; closed on major holidays.
- Canyon Creek and Marysville residents may self-haul their waste to the solid waste container site on the Marysville Road or to the City of Helena Transfer Station.
- The Marysville Container Site is located on the Marysville Road.
- Hours of Operation:
- 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday Only
- Monday through Friday – CLOSED
- Hours of Operation:
Public Works Director:
Assistant Public Works Director:
Solid Waste Manager:
Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District/Marysville Sub-District Boundaries
You can click on the link below to view the boundary map for the Scratch Gravel Solid Waste District and the Marysville Solid Waste Sub-District:
The link below will show Lewis & Clark County and where the 2 districts are in relation to the county:
If you have any questions please feel free to all Public Works Administration at 406-447-8037.