BE AWARE • PREPARE • DO
Spring 2013 Educational Workshop
March 9, 2013
Helena Regional Airport
Forest Stewardship, Forest Health, Fire History, Fire Behavior information, and Mitigation for landowners, agencies, individuals, volunteers………..everyone!
Registration can be made by mailing the registration form and fee to Tri-Co FireSafe Working Group, 221 Breckenridge, Helena, MT. 59601 or by going to the FireSafe Montana website at www.firesafemt.org to register and pay online.
Registration fee will be $15.00 per attendee.
Lunch and snacks at breaks provided
RSVP by March 1st
* Local area wildfire history & behavior
* Forest stewardship practices
* Local evacuation planning
* Lessons Learned from Corral Fire and other local incidents
* State Auditor’s Office—Insurance Division
* Ready Montana program
* FireSafe Montana membership
Get your own copy of the poster and share with others!
The Tri-County FireSafe Working Group
The Tri-County FireSafe Working Group has produced a wildfire risk map which illustrates the risk in southern Lewis & Clark County. The risk is determined by the fuels and topography, with dense trees and steep slopes resulting in the highest risk rating. Click here for the wildfire risk map, which is also available at the Disaster & Emergency Services Coordinator's office.
- Tri-County FireSafe Working Group (PDF)
- Project Application (PDF)
- TECHNIQUES AVAILABLE TO MANAGE VEGETATION FOR FIRE PROTECTION (PDF)
- FUEL HAZARD MAP GUIDELINES (PDF)
- FireSafe Questionaire (PDF)
- DNRC Home Evaluation Form (PDF)
- Tri-County Community Wildfire Protection Plan (PDF)
- Evacuating To Safety (PDF)
Click here for the "Could Your Montana Home Survive a Wildfire" Pamphlet
For more information on wildfire go to Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation Fire and Aviation Management.
no news in this list.